May 18, 2011

Sprouting Seeds for Salads




I've started another new project that I am really excited about! I am going to sprout seeds to put in my summer salads. Sprouted seeds are some of the most nutritious things you can eat so I am looking forward to using them in my salads!



Here is what I have done so far...

I started with 2 tablespoons of mixed seeds grown especially for sprouting that were given to me by a friend.

I already had a large jar with a screen lid that I purchased at my local health food store. You can probably make one of these, but mine was just $5.00 so I purchased it instead.

I placed the seeds in the jar and covered them with about two inches of water and let them soak for about 18 hours.

I drained the water and rinsed the seeds several times, covered the jar with a kitchen towel (leaving the top open) and set it on my kitchen counter.

The following day I rinsed the seeds three times in the morning and three times in the evening.

The pictures shows how my seeds look on day one! Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment